Thursday, August 20, 2009

Caster Semenya: Man, Woman or Both...?


Ms. Semenya is a gold medal winner of the 800 m and 1500 m at the 2009 African Junior Championships with times of 1:56.72 and 4:08.01. In 2008 'she' won 800 m at the Commonwealth Youth Games with a time of 2:04.23 in the final.


But the real reason 'she' is being covered in the media is by her mannish looks. The real question is-- is she a hermaphrodite?!?

The International Associations of Athletics Federation demanded a gender verification test to see if she is 100% woman. If not of course, she will be stripped of her medals.



Her mom says:
"I am not even worried about that because I know who and what my child is. Mokgadi Caster is a girl and no one can change that,” she said. If you go at my home village and ask any of my neighbours, they would tell you that Mokgadi is a girl. They know because they helped raise her. I am not concerned about such things. She called me after the heats and told me that they think she’s a man. What can I do when they call her a man, when she’s really not a man? It is God who made her look that way."

If her mom says it's a girl, then...... But uummmmm this is embarrasing to say the least. Her dad and coach have acknowledged her looks but says she is female. One classmate said he did not realize 'she' was female unitl a coach divided the class into two teams (girls & boys) and Caster went to the girls side..

Source(s): Wikipedia and everywhere else

No comments:

Post a Comment